WHAT IS GRACE?
Grace is God’s super on our natural. Grace is empowerment to do what God has asked of us.
- Grace is God wooing us to receive forgiveness of our past, present, and future sins =Salvation
- Grace is empowerment to resist temptation.
- Grace is the ability to endure that which we cannot in our own strength.
- Grace is wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit.
- Grace is God giving us what we do not deserve. God’s unearned favor.
GRACE IS A GIFT, NOT AN EXCUSE
To the woman caught in the act of adultery, Jesus said:
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.__ John 8:10-11
To the man healed from an infirmity of 38 years, Jesus said:
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. John 5:14
Even for the believer, sin still has consequences. Grace does not make allowances for an undisciplined life. Because a heart for God does not look for an excuse to justify sin. A changed heart and a renewed mind is grateful to God for the abounding grace that covers the sin of the flesh as we walk from glory to glory, being conformed into the image of Christ.