Now concerning Spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the (revelation of) Holy Ghost.
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.__1 Corinthians 12 :1-11 KJV ( Annotated)
· wise counsel — the ability to give wise advice
· clear understanding — special ability for studying and teaching
· simple trust — special faith
· miraculous acts
· proclamation — power to prophesy and preach
· distinguishing between spirits — the ability to discern the Spirit of God from evil spirits
· tongues — ability to speak in languages never learned
· interpretation of tongues — power to understand languages never learned
As this year draws to a close, I find it a natural time to take a personal inventory before beginning a new year. You know, what do I have left? lol Just as God has given each of us natural or physical talents, He has also given us Spiritual gifts that allow us to fulfill His purpose or calling for our lives. Now these are gifts that are sure to please . . . . . . God!