I would hate to think that I am one of the believers labeled as “educated beyond our obedience.” I would rather think that the longer I walk with God, the more I UN-learn. So because this is Wednesday aka “Hump Day” and I feel like I sharing on a lighter plane __ here are a few things that I have unlearned:
- “Forgive and Forget” — Forgiveness is a decision. The Bible commands that we forgive others in Matthew 6. So forgiveness is a matter of obedience. This frees me from carrying the misdeeds of others and shows that I trust that God will “make things right” . We are not commanded to forget. Forgetting the nature of the offender may not be wise. Some wounds will heal without scars, others do not. Trust God to heal and restore you.
- “Keep the peace” — Keeping the peace sometimes means walking away. In Matthew 10:14 Jesus said to His disciples “ And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.” Let’s not forget that our armor includes “shoes of peace. Lastly, ” Amos 3:3 asks the hard question ” Can two walk together, except they be agreed? ” And sometimes (as in the Farmer in the Dell ) . . . the cheese stands alone!!
- “Majority Rules” — Not so In God’s economy . There were approx. 2 million Israelites incapable of perceiving the true awesomeness of their God who delivered them from Egypt, gave them safe dry passage across the floor of the Red Sea and fed them in the desert. They were led by one man, Moses, a friend of God.
- “Independence is Freedom” Independence is overrated and ultimately .. . . . . exhausting! In prayer and the Bible study we have unrestricted access to the Creator of the universe. He has promised me (us) wisdom, provision, protection, direction, grace, etc.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.__ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Having ” the Last Word” — Why debate when silence is golden? I like to extend the grace of silence by allowing people hear the words falling out of their mouths. . lol
- It has to make sense. It has to be logical. A ninety year old pregnant Sarah . An armor-clad 9 ft giant killed by a teenager with a smooth stone and a sling shot??
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jerimiah 32:27
- “Get it off your chest” is replaced with “Tell God” because He can do something about it, if applicable. My first few journals had to be burned in case of my untimely death because I told on EVERYONE. Mostly for things they didn’t do that I thought they should have done. I mean they HAD to be burned. (lol)
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.__James 1:5 King James Version
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us__. I John 2:19 KJV
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.__Matthew 6:14-15